Tuesday, November 20, 2007

30 Days of Night

I just saw that movie where Josh Hartnett decides not to have sex with vampires for 30 days . . . or, er . . . something. I'd heard it was a different take on vampires, but the only new thing it seemed to bring to the genre was that the vampires had their own language. And constantly screeched like they were body snatchers.
I haven't read the graphic novel, so I don't know how faithful an adaptation it was, but I was somewhat underwhelmed. It was mostly entertaining, but pretty much just Assault on Precinct 13 spread out over 30 days . . . with vampires! John Carpenter would have added more humour if he'd directed it, though. I also found it distracting that the head vampire looked like Neil Tennant from the Pet Shop Boys. It's worth catching when it comes on TV, but I wouldn't pay good money to see it (luckily I didn't, since I get free tickets at the cinema I work at). Hopefully The Mist will be a better horror film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home