Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Hellboy make-a-me cry!


Finally got round to seeing Hellboy II: The Golden Army, and I was not disappointed. From the prologue where we see a massive battle fought with puppets it had me hooked. It may not beat The Dark Knight for best movie of the summer, but it was definitely the most fun. It took everything that was good about the first film and added more of it. All the cast shine, and it was great that Doug Jones got to voice Abe Sapien this time as well as being in the suit. The film is full of too many fabulous creatures to mention them all. Johann Krauss (voiced by Family Guy Seth MacFarlane) was a hoot, and I especially liked the cute little tooth fairy creatures who eat everyone in their path, bones and all. Then there's the tiny creature which declares, "I'm not a baby, I'm a tumour!" Amid all the action and laughs, there are plenty of poignant moments, too, including the death of the elemental, Hellboy's "twin" surprises and the doomed relationship between Abe and the Princess. I hope we get a Hellboy 3 in some form, and I can't wait to see what Guillermo del Toro does with The Hobbit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home