Friday, August 28, 2009

The Final Final Destination?


So I came in to work early yesterday so I could watch The Final Destination in 3D all by myself. The FD movies are a guilty pleasure of mine, and I thought seeing one in 3D would be fun. Well, it was, but they're definitely getting lazier and lazier with these movies. Characterisation and plot was virtually non-existant, and even the kills are getting less inventive (they reuse the person getting hit by a vehicle suddenly gag from the first film). The acting also sucks (apart from Mykelti Williamson).
On the plus side, the 3D is good (it carries on the tradition of 3D boobies from My Bloody Valentine) and the 1 hour and 20 minute running time feels even shorter than it is. I also loved the x-ray opening credits. But it's probably best if they retire the series now. They didn't even have a Tony Todd cameo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home