Friday, September 09, 2016

Stranger Things have happened . . .

So I haven’t updated for a while. I've been busy with schoolwork and editing my novel, and then my father passed away and I had to go back to England to put his affairs in order. Yeah, this year keeps getting shittier.

Anyway, here’s a recap of the movies and TV shows I’ve seen lately:

Ghostbusters – forget the shitty Ghostbros, this was a fun remake with a great cast of characters for girls and women (and, yes, boys and men) to look up to. Shame it probably won’t get a sequel because of the controversy hurting the box office.

Star Trek Beyond – after the mess of Star Trek Into Darkness’ half-hearted attempt at remaking Wrath of Khan, this was something of a back to basics for Trek. Nothing groundbreaking, just a good, fun episode.

Stranger Things
– the genre highlight of the summer was a gripping tribute to 80’s Spielberg and Stephen King. Anything that puts Winona Ryder back in the limelight is a plus with me.

Pete’s Dragon – a typically nice, well-made film from Disney that I liked but didn’t love. It may have more emotional impact than the original, but the dreary setting and depressing storyline saps some of the fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home