Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Belated 2020 Movie Roundup


It's been a while since I've posted anything. Movie reviews just haven't seemed as important during this strange, terrifying year. But I've still been watching them so here's a quick review catchup. 

Jaws and The Empire Strikes Back saw rereleases for their 45th and 40th anniversaries respectively. Guess what, they're still all-time classics. 

The New Mutants wasn't as bad as everyone expected. It had a nice creepy atmosphere (reminiscent of my fave Freddy movie, A Nightmare on Elm Street 3) and LGBTQ characters front and center (a rarity for Marvel movies). 

Tenet was your typical Christopher Nolan mindfuck of an action movie, but it lacked the heart of his best work.

Bill & Ted Face the Music was a pleasant belated sequel with a positive message. Unfortunately it just wasn't that funny.

Freaky was a surprisingly good horror riff on Freaky Friday with a fun performance from Kathryn Newton.

TV was really where it was at this year. The Mandalorian season 2 was great, of course, and I really liked The Haunting of Bly Manor, especially the central love story, though it wasn't as creepy as it could have been.

I'll be posting more soon, I promise, including my fave Christmas fantasy/horror movies and the 2020 Imaginary Cinema Awards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home