Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Sparkly Emo Vampires!

It's been a while since I've posted anything, since I've been so busy with work and filming The Party (which is almost complete, by the way). But I had to post a quick review of Twilight.
I honestly wasn't expecting much from the film (the book made JK Rowling seem like Shakespeare) but it was a fairly entertaining comedy. Unfortunately I don't think the filmmakers intended it to be that. From the pale, pretty and pouty vampires to the overly serious dialogue this film is ripe for parody. I'll give the screenwriter credit for putting more action in the film (all the cool stuff happened off page in the book) but it has most of the same weaknesses as the book.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melly Buttermilk said...

Oh no! I hope the sequel does well, because the second book is SO MUCH FUNNIER! And I want them to be able to make the third(even though I hated that book and have pretty much wiped it from my memory) because I really really want the fourth one to be made into a movie, even though Meyer said that it wouldn't be possible, considering the specialness of a certain character.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home