Sunday, September 19, 2010

Resident Evil 4, 3D: 10, Plot: 0


So I caught Resident Evil: Afterlife at work the other night. I don't hate Paul W. S. Anderson as much as some people (Mortal Kombat and the first Resident Evil were fun, and Event Horizon was almost a masterpiece) so I went in with middle ground expectations. The film sure looked pretty, and the 3D was the best since Avatar. But the plot made zero sense. Of course, part of the confusion may be that I haven't seen the last two movies (endless Milla Jovovich clones? What the fuck?). But the film pretty much ignores every rule of filmmaking by offering a series of setpieces and end of level bosses that are barely connected to each other. If you want a genuinely entertaining slice of ultra-violence, I recommend Machete instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home