Wednesday, February 15, 2017

The Lego Batman Movie & more!

Another long break in posting anything because I've been busy editing my YA superhero novel to get it ready to submit to agents. I'm about to start sending it out so watch this space!
Anyway, I've still been keeping up with movies, so here's some quick reviews of what I've watched, starting with the most recent:


The Lego Batman Movie
Tons of fun, though like the first Lego Movie the pace might be a bit exhausting for us older folks. The best part was the huge roster of villains, both DC and beyond, including Billy Dee Williams finally getting to play Two-Face. Probably my third favourite overall Batman movie, after Batman Returns and The Dark Knight.

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Visually spectacular, emotional, and leads in perfectly to Episode IV: A New Hope. CG recreations of dead actors still not ready for primetime, though

Dr. Strange
Standard hero journey 101 stuff, but the cast and insane visuals made it worthy.

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Something of a return to form for Burton. A few dodgy parts but overall I enjoyed it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home