Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Two Hobbits, my precioussss!

It's been reported all over the net that Peter Jackson has finally ended his feud with New Line Cinema and made a deal to produce not one, but two films of The Hobbit (the second film apparently bridging the gap between The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings trilogy). While I'm excited that Jackson is doing the adaptation (and not Sam Raimi as was rumoured), do we really need two films? The Hobbit is a pretty simple book, and Jackson's last film, King Kong, was about an hour too long. Hopefully he'll recapture the magic he brought to the LOTR films.
I caught some of I Am Legend while I was working at the cinema today, and it looked like a slightly more faithful adaptation of the excellent book than the previous two films. The CG zampires (or is that vombies?) looked kinda fake, but then don't they always? I also saw the trailers for Iron Man and The Dark Knight. They both looked pretty cool, though I don't know how a serial killer Joker in bad makeup is gonna play with the people who thought Batman Returns was too dark. I can't wait til Sweeney Todd opens. Hopefully I'll get to see it at a midnight show Thursday night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home