Monday, January 27, 2014

2013 Movie Catchup

I've been queuing up all the movies I missed last year on Netflix in preparation for the annual Imaginary Cinema Awards, so here's some capsule reviews of the ones I've watched recently:

Elysium
- exciting utopian/dystopian sci-fi that is actually about the world we live in today. Something of a comedown for Neil Bloomklamp after District 9, but still good.

The Conjuring - a stylish piece of old school horror. Wish it didn't perpetuate the myth about evil witches, though.

World War Z - entertaining zombie apocalypse movie though a little too reminiscent of Will Smith's I Am Legend

Man of Steel
- pretty much as bad as I expected. Mindless action, little to no character development, surprisingly subpar CGI and a Superman that lets his father die, doesn't seem to care about collateral damage and snaps necks. Come back Brandon Routh, all is forgiven . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home