Sunday, June 18, 2017

Tale as Old as Time . . .

Another belated update. Since I last posted I've seen the following movies:

Beauty & the Beast - as shot for shot remakes of Disney animated movies go, it wasn't bad.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 - great fun as expected, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting a little tired of the constantly quippy Marvel movies.

Alien: Covenant - like Prometheus, it has a ton of problems (especially when it comes to character logic) but it's just stylish and eventful enough to hold my interest.

Movie I didn't get to see: It Comes at Night. The cinema I went to cancelled the show right after I bought a ticket due to lack of interest. WTF?

However, the media event I've been most excited about isn't a movie but a TV show. Twin Peaks is back (in unfiltered Lynch and Frost form) and for the most part it has met my expectations. Glad I didn't wait 25 years for nothing!

On the writing front, I'm still waiting to hear back about the spec scripts I entered in the Nickelodeon and WB writers programs. And to hear if anyone wants to help me publish my novel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home