Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What a surprise, Oscar voters screw up yet again!

I just saw this year's Oscar nominations, and once again pretty much all my favourite films get snubbed. Let me count the things that piss me off about the list:

1. Sweeney Todd gets overlooked apart from Depp (who everyone knew was gonna be nominated no matter what) and a couple of technical nods. At the very least, Burton and Helena Bonham Carter should have been nominated. It's the Big Fish travesty all over again.

2. No nomination for The Simpsons Movie for best animated feature! Yet Surf's Up gets nominated!? What the fuck?

3. Zero nominations for Zodiac.

4. No songs from Walk Hard are nominated. But three songs from Enchanted are?

5. The Golden Compass for best visual effects? The talking polar bears looked more realistic in the Coke commercials. 300 would have been a better choice (another film with zero noms).

I don't know why I get annoyed at how clueless Oscar voters are, but it happens every year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home